Blueberry Lavender Lemonade - A Summer Treat
Blueberry Lavender Lemonade
Recipe Type: Drinks
About: We are deep into August…the hottest month of the summer. This time of year is often spent doing little else besides trying to stay cool. What better way to relax and cool off with this delicious spin on traditional lemonade?
Makes two servings. This is a two-part process that involves making a lavender tea ahead of time to be added for the lemonade.
- Ingredients for the tea
- 2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- Ingredients for the lemonade
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 4 lemons juiced
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar…add more according to taste
- Bring water to a boil
- Turn off heat and add dried lavender
- Allow to steep for 5 minutes
- Strain out lavender using a mesh strainer
- Allow tea to cool
- Lightly mash blueberries with a fork
- In a pitcher, stir together the blueberries, lemon juice, agave nectar, and cooled lavender tea
- Add water as needed until desired concentration is reached. Taste as you go to see what suits you best.