Indian Spiced Pumpkin Seeds | Spice of the Month - October 2014
Indian Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
About: Roasted pumpkin seeds are a great and healthy way to use up the seeds left over from pumpkin carving. They are a rich source of vitamins and minerals including omega 3's. This recipe uses flavors commonly found in Indian dishes, and is a savory way to use cinnamon.
Recipe Type: Snack
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or more for taste
- Rinse seeds in a colander.
- Boil seeds for 10 minutes in salted water.
- Pat dry with a paper towel and spread evenly onto a baking sheet. For crunchier seeds, allow seeds to air dry for 2 hours.
- Drizzle with olive oil until seeds are lightly coated.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients together. Sprinkle evenly over seeds and toss until coated evenly.
- Roast for 10 minutes in pre heated 325 degree oven.